Sunday 23 September 2007

A Bit of Fluff....

Spurred on by the promise of making felt animals, I whizzed through finishing the above last night. It is an odd little mohair wrap that buttons horizontally round your shoulders - very boho! I have used five vintage carved mother-of-pearl buttons from my stash. I found the pattern in the calendar free with this month's 'Simply Knitting' magazine and fell in love with it - this one is just for me! I would be wearing it now except it is still a tad damp from the blocking process. So it is sitting outside in the sun and hopefully I can use it tomorrow. I would be open to knitting another one of these if anyone felt they wanted one.
Then, at a time when I really should have been thinking about going to bed, I started making my first little felt thingy. I admit I chose the simplest of the lot, just to get a feel of the whole process - the worst thing is trying to find the relevant pattern on the sheet that came with the book - 60 patterns, not a word of English and they are printed on top of each other in different colours. I have decided I have to sit down quietly and find each and every one, match it to it's picture and write what it is beside it. Then I won't have the insane flapping about and cursing that the above involved last night!

As my brilliant son came back with 10 sheets of felt yesterday in a rainbow of colours - I only asked for four or five as I didn't know what I wanted - I have the materials to make some more today, whoopee! (Polly, if you're reading this, I AM getting on with your painting, honest! It's coming along very nicely actually, thank goodness!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wrap is devine and the felt creature a minature delight.

Laura Sparling said...

Aw I love the little rabbit! Can't wait to see more felt animals!!

Laura x

natural attrill said...

Your wrap looks really pretty, soft and delicate, lovely with the pretty little buttons.
P.x

Anonymous said...

Ahh how lovely! The wrap is truely gorgeous too! Helz x