Monday 3 September 2007

Silver & Purple Curls and a new image...

This will be a bracelet to match the previous necklace, crocheted in silver wire with the irridescent tear-drop beads on the points. It has a double row of points this time, and is not as wide as the necklace - I just have to attach a clasp this evening. £10 + p&p SOLD
This is a long curly scarf using soft lilac wool for the inner rows and some Sirdar 'Vegas' yarn in the Stardust shade for the outer row. When worn it looks like a feather boa! Very warm too. This started out as an economical project as I had the lilac wool from a boot sale, and bought the Vegas in the bargain section at Hobbycraft the other day. Then I ran out of the Vegas half way through and the only place I could find that shade again was on the Texere yarns website, so had to pay full whack for another ball as well as postage - aagh! Still, it was worth it as the scarf is lovely, very glam! £17 + p&p
This is just a personal note - having shown you my daughter a while back, she has since gone to the hairdressers and had her first 'grown-up' hairstyle! I haven't been holding her back in any way, she has always preferred her hair in a simple bob cut. However, we had a chat and agreed it would be nice to have a new style as she starts college next week. Trouble is, I think she looks even cuter like this (I know I'm biased!) and can't help sneaking extra glances at her 'cos she makes me go 'aaaah...'

2 comments:

natural attrill said...

Hi Caroline,
It's about time I bought a piece of your jewellery I think!!
I love this bracelet, but worried about the size, my wrist is large, around 8", and I hate anything tight, so would like it at least 9". Would it fit? or can you adjust it?
Penny.

Alison Ashwell said...

Your daughter's hair looks lovely =)