Thursday 8 November 2007

Patch!

Well, still no delivery from Amazon and I am very frustrated!! Maybe some little postal worker somewhere is sitting crocheting small animals and knitting baby jackets.....

In the meantime, I have occupied myself making one of the slightly larger felt animals from my existing Japanese book. It took a couple of evenings but only because I decided to make it using invisible thread - aptly named as not only is it invisible on the finished article, you can't see the darn stuff while you are sewing with it! So I kept getting in a bit of a tangle as it wound itself around things without me noticing and I had to go back and sort out the mess! But worth the effort as the stitching barely shows and he has come up looking really quite professional - yay me! No doubt this little chap will have some accessories - can't send him off to a new home without a bed and toys.. SOLD!

Bit of a downer yesterday - got another parcel in the post from Wear-Downey wanting me to do some knitting for them. I was kind of hoping they had forgotten about me after sending them a tactful letter saying I wouldn't mind if they didn't use my services again as I was really very busy with my own stuff.... Never mind, this time it is fairly simple - three identical tamoshanter hats and a dishcloth (??????) - and as I'm getting paid for it I shouldn't complain!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

This is great! I have a Japanese book for making stuffed animals from socks and gloves. Interesting but I haven't had time to try it out yet.
Come check out my travel blog :)