Thursday 24 January 2008

A Bird in the Hand.....

Last week I made a little felt bird which was very cute but a bit flat and I couldn't think what to do with it, other than sit and admire it. Then I remembered my sister's handmade bags with little stuffed toys sewn on to them and thought I'd give the idea my own twist. So I crocheted a little bag (it's about 7 inches square with an inch and a half panel all around) and sewed him on together with an appliqued felt branch with pink blossom.
I then lined the whole thing with a reclaimed pretty blue flowered cotton fabric, which I discovered had a couple of pockets on it, so I used them to create compartments within the bag.
It would be a lovely Spring gift for a little girl - or even a big girl! £15 + p&p

I think there will be more of this kind of thing - there are an awful lot of patterns in my Japanese book to be tried out!

1 comment:

Laura Sparling said...

Oh Wow! The bag is fabulous! You are so, so clever. I love the way you just magic things up!

Laura x