Tuesday 22 April 2008

Daisy-Chain

Which one of you doesn't remember when you were small and summers seemed endless, sitting on the grass in the sunshine making daisy-chain necklaces, bracelets, and circlets then decking yourself out like Titania? Even now as a 40-something adult I still love making daisy-chains and think they are the simplest and prettiest of adornments. It always shocks me in my job at an infant school how few children have been shown how to do this and it gives me great pleasure to see their faces when they learn and can make themselves such finery - for an hour at least until the blooms wilt!

So a while back when I made a little daisy as a decoration for a teddy, I was so taken with the idea I decided to see if I could expand it into jewellery. First there was a brooch, which was lovely but not enough - it had to be a full-blown necklace. So after two solid 4 hour evenings of sewing, the above is the result. I love it!! Hope you do too - if you'd like it for your very own, it is £20 + p&p Be assured there will be more of this type of thing - after I've given my poor eyes a rest! SOLD!

3 comments:

natural attrill said...

I like it! infact I would like it! please will you pm me the size, and if it will fit me, I'll pop some money in post, how much is p+p?
P.x

Magpie Magic said...

It's lovely. :-) I can remember making daisy chains. It was great fun and this brings back all that fun. Worth all the effort, definitely!

Think this would look nice in a very pale pink too. - Just as a variation.

Caroline B said...

Don't worry, there will be many variations on this theme - just hope I don't go blind in the process!!
Caroline