Friday 2 May 2008

Fun with Wire & Beads!

I was just taking a break from sewing yesterday (my eyes hurt!) and experimenting with wire links when I got sidetracked by the beads on my tray. I 've had a little collection of 'animally' beads in a box for a while now and not done anything with them - found two tiger-striped ones and came up with these earrings. Daft I know, but I like them - it's the sort of thing I'd wear for sure! They'd be £5 + P&P

Yellow is not a colour I like unless it is on a flower or a lemon, but I do like these citrus beads and thought it might be fun to combine them with some rich blue beads on a brass link chain. Very bright and cheerful. £15 + P&P - that is if I don't break it while trying to 'age' the wire....

Got well and truly stuck in to the latest painting and the initial drawing has turned out well. The stripes fit the zebra which is always a bonus and never fails to amaze me that I can get them correct without any artificial drawing aid. Now to the paint, first wash is down and the next step is slow, time-consuming, monotonous and I simply love it - the stripes! And a whole Bank Holiday weekend in which to do it - bliss....

1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

Love the tiger earrings. They're fun. Gorgeous beads. The yellow and blue necklace reminds me of the beach. Lovely intense colours.