Thursday 29 May 2008

Seaside Memories Necklace

When I met Toby from Natural Attrill on Tuesday, he gave me a very pretty vintage rectangular mother-of-pearl charm, which I fell in love with for it's colours and air of nostalgia. I wanted to make a necklace based around it using various seaside related charms and marine-coloured beads, and above all I wanted it to look old. The above is the result - it's two pieces of antique-look chain hung with too many treasures to list them all - gulls, fish, shells, pearls, you get the idea. Perhaps it looks like Grandma's trinket box jammed with years of bits and pieces, but that was the look I was after. It's pretty and all mine........

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

This is lovely. I like the mishmash and all the different beads. Very pretty. Can see why you would keep it! LOL

Have a lovely long weekend and good luck for the fair on Sunday.

natural attrill said...

Like the necklace C ! - looks like they've all rolled up on a wave and arrived in a jumble of loveliness.
P.x