Tuesday 3 June 2008

Chameleon in Crochet

Finally had a go at reproducing the tiny Amigurumi chameleon from my new book - the above is the result. It's not as small as the one illustrated which takes up just the first joint of someone's finger. I can only think the lady crocheted it out of sewing thread - something I'm not prepared to do as that way lies madness..... He's still only a couple of inches long and considering I had to make the pattern up as I went along, hasn't turned out too bad. I've tried to give him the bulbous swivelly eyes too, but as it's all in the same shade of green, that doesn't show up in the photo. I stayed up until past midnight to get him finished.....tired now.......

4 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

He's cute! :-) I think he'd look nice in some variegated yarn, too, or even felted. Maybe a nice ridge all along his back and tail would make a nice variation? I can't wait to see all your new stuff in your brand new Etsy shop. LOL

Sybille Queen of Nagging

Unknown said...

ho ho! does he live permanently on your aloe vera plant now Caroline?

natural attrill said...

Really sweet, love his curly tail!
P.x

LadyLinoleum said...

That is is cutest chameleon ever!!