Thursday 21 August 2008

This and That.....

For all that this is the summer holidays, I have been very busy - but with larger projects that take a while to complete. I've been doing some of this......


....a shrug knitted in Nepalese stinging nettle yarn......some of this........


....a shawl knitted in pineapple fibre yarn, some of it as thin as hair.............and a lot of that.....



...more potatoes, but I'm not going to show you any more full sized paintings, you'll have to buy the book. Be content with a little corner!

So yesterday, with no outstanding potato paintings, I gave myself the day off and went to London for a wander with my son and daughter. We walked from Waterloo up to Covent Garden, through Chinatown, and ended up in Piccadilly where we visited the Japan Centre. I finally found a copy of Cotton Time!


I've been trying to get my hands on this magazine for months, and it has finally reached these shores. Although it is all in Japanese, the pictures and instructions are so clear....


...you can get the general idea, as well as picking up lots of inspirational ideas......


......although when I will ever get the time is another matter......

So now, refreshed after a visit with the outside world, I'm off to prepare 6 more boards for painting.

3 comments:

Laura Sparling said...

Ooooh! What a fab-looking magazine. I just love Japanese things. So perfect and precise.

Potatoes are looking great! And that pineapple yarn stuff looks really pretty.

You are a busy bee!

Magpie Magic said...

I love the way the pineapple and nettle yarns are looking. I am so jealous! Should have bought some as well. LOL Mind you, if the pineapple yarn is as thin and difficult to knit as you say, it's probably just as well I didn't!

The potatoes are looking good. I am so glad you're still going strong and not bored yet. :-)

The ideas in the magazine look great, however I am not sure the pictures would be enough for me to work it out, especially the cute little mouse.

I hope you get some time to try out at least some of the things. :-)

Sybille x

Raggy Rat said...

knit one of those ratty-mice from cotton time, please please ?
cat xxxx
coz i have a sore bum and need cheering up !