Monday 20 October 2008

About 600 Miles of Crochet.....

I have not been resting on my laurels lately, but I have been struggling with an enormous project. This pattern was in a magazine a while back and I fell in love with it, thinking that as it was fairly simple crochet patterns, it would be quick and easy to make. Easy yes - quick.....that is another matter. It is an Empire line tunic crocheted in navy blue mohair (from my freebies of a few months ago) with a split up the front, bell shaped sleeves and a ribbon tie.
The skirt is made up of a repetitive pattern of shells, but as I am fairly tall, I had to do about 6 extra rows in order to make the length.
The bodice and sleeves were a simple V pattern, with the shell motif as edging. The velvet ribbon tie under the bust was my addition. It was worth the effort as it is very flattering when worn (hides a multitude of sins!) but I shan't be making another one just yet, even though I would love one in a cotton yarn.

I've also been painting every spare minute of the day. If you want to see the pictures, you'll just have to buy the calendar next year!

3 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Looks great! Definitely worth all the hard work. :-)

Laura Sparling said...

What a beautiful colour, Caroline.

I've just tagged you. Please see my blog for details. :o)

Sallie said...

Very pretty! I love that color.