Friday 13 March 2009

Portraits, Presents & Painting...

I can show the latest portrait as the recipient is not a blogger! This is done in pencil - some soft fleshtone pencils (no idea who makes them!) as well as a selection of Derwent watercolour/drawing pencils. The end result is a lot softer and more delicate than my animal paintings, but as the subjects are tiny tots, I think it had to be so!


I received a lovely surprise through the post this week - Sybille over on Magpie Magic sent me and my daughter a couple of her fabulous organza flower hairslides, as well as two cute silver zebra charms. I found the perfect beads at out local art shop and whipped up a pair of earrings yesterday. It comes to something when even the proprieter of a shop says to me 'You've got a bit of a thing going about zebras, haven't you....'


...which leads me nicely into a picture of how far I have got so far with my zebra painting. Most of the hard graft is done, and it has been such fun! I've missed doing this over the past week, and was glad to get back to it today - something very soothing about all those orderly stripes!

2 comments:

natural attrill said...

Liking the flower bobbles!
In answer to your question - I get most of my charms in lots from eBay, etsy or carboots. I also get a lot of stuff in charity shops...
Toby.

Magpie Magic said...

The portrait is looking great. And thanks for featuring my flowers. :-) The zebra earrings are looking good as well, the beads match the charms perfectly.

BUT, I love the zebra painting. It's looking stunning already. Can't wait to see the finished picture. Make sure you enter it into the exhibition. I'll nag you until you do!