Wednesday 25 March 2009

Socks Galore!


Knitting socks appears to be like buses - none for ages then several at once! These were made a couple of weeks ago but I had to keep them under wraps as one pair was made as a birthday gift for Toby at Natural Attrill. His are in Dayglo colours and I got a bit carried away with the patterning as they were very much designed as I went along. There is even a little cat with his back arched on each heel flap. Those colours nearly blinded me!!


The other pair were for his mum, Penny, and she gave me the interesting 'brief' that they must be thick, soft, fluffy.........and perhaps in my cat's colours....' which sounded difficult but in actual fact was really interesting to do. I combined a tweedy cotton yarn with some super-soft beige eyelash yarn, and added random black stripes with simple black acrylic. Whilst you couldn't wear these together with shoes, for padding round the house they will be terrific and very warm!

5 comments:

Laura Sparling said...

They're ace! I have some furry yarn that I bought for making socks. Must dig that out .....

Magpie Magic said...

You have been having fun! LOL

The dayglow ones are blinding even just as a picture. I had to put my sunglasses on to look at them in detail. ;-) Penny's are cute. They're a brilliant idea and look very warm and cosy.

Unknown said...

woah! they are bright!
Stripy ones look like a real animal :0)

Sallie said...

Fun socks! I never would have thought to combine an eyelash yarn with other yarns for socks. This is something I'll have to think about.

natural attrill said...

I posted a comment before, but dont know what happened to it, so I just wanted to say again, THANK YOU Caroline for the lovely socks. For anyone else reading this, do commission some for yourself, you wont be disappointed!
My 'Desmond' socks are absolutely gorgeous, I have only taken them off to wash, otherwise have been wearing them everyday. They are SO soft and comfortable and match my cat perfectly heehee..