Friday 20 March 2009

There Should Have Been a Fanfare....


So my daughter and I are sitting watching the tv last night as well as knitting/drawing, when Stacie suddenly says 'Look!' and points at the Bird of Paradise plant. I wish I'd seen it happen, the final petals must have pinged out at speed because half an hour previously it still looked like the photo in the last post. This has been a fascinating week, watching the bud slowly unfurl and worth the past seven years of cursing this plant in it's enormous pot with it's stubborn refusal to flower until now. It's such an exotic bloom, it looks very incongruous in my little English sitting room with the daffodils and the primulas outside the window, like a macaw in amongst a flock of pigeons!

I'm off to the Stitch & Craft Show at Olympia today - very exciting, all those craft materials in one building. Got my pennies at the ready......

3 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

It's gorgeous! I bet you're glad you kept it all these years for this! And now it's flowered once... :-)

Have fun at the show.

Gretel said...

My God, it must have been so quick! It is utterly lovely, and looks uncannily like its name.
Wish I was going to the craft show, although probably better for my purse that I am not!

Sallie said...

Wow! Just WOW!