Monday 5 October 2009

Retrospective Too......

I finally got the nod this week that the number of potatoes left to paint is in the teens - oh how my heart sang! I have never painted over 80 of anything, let alone tubers, and I have to say enough is enough! I physically long to paint something else, to use a different palette of colours, a different medium. Imagine if you were an opera singer made to sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star over and over for a year or a chef confined to making Shepherd's pie every day for a year and you might get an inkling of how I feel!



In the meantime, here are a couple of older paintings from a few years back. This is a Cornish tin mine in a place called Porth Towan if I remember correctly. I loved the height of it's tower and it's brooding atmosphere. This is painted in acrylics (look, colour!)....it's available for sale if anyone is interested, just e-mail me.


This is Porth Towan Beach, also in Cornwall and in acrylics and I really enjoyed painting the reflective water left on the sand as the tide went out. This is also available for sale and is framed in a home-made driftwood frame, complete with sand and the odd shell.

I'm also currently knitting a strawberry pink lacy shawl which will be very pretty when finished...if I can only stop making silly errors and having to unravel inches of it every now and again. I'm tired...........

1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

Lovely paintings, especially the seascape. Love the clouds in both.

I can't wait to see your lacy shawl... finally started knitting again, this time a cherry red lacy shawl. Do you see a theme? LOL

ROFL - the word verification word is 'aters' add a T at the beginning....