Sunday 17 January 2010

Frosty Blue Cloche Hat


When I stayed awake long enough, I crocheted this cloche hat last week in a thick pale blue frosted boucle yarn. It's thick and warm and covers the ears, all prerequisites for a good winter hat! I have knitted several flowers and leaves to make a decorative posy stitched to one side of the hat, using Rowan Kidsilk Night, some fine pure merino grey yarn, and some funky eye-lash yarn with strands of silver tinsel in it. There are also a few focal beads - one large frosty turquoise one in the centre of the larger flower and a few pearl-like ones in the Kidsilk rose.

When I get some batteries for my camera (!) I will be putting this on Etsy. If in the meantime you like the idea of owning it, it will be £15 including p&p - just e-mail me.

1 comment:

Sallie said...

Very nice an cute, too.