Sunday 3 January 2010

Time to Get Back to Normal



What with one thing and another over the past fortnight - snow, Christmas, pet demise - I've not done very much arts and crafts. I can show the wonderful sewn stocking made and given to me by my daughter for Christmas though. This past term she has been attending a craft workshop at the local technical college once a week and had hand-made gifts for all of us for Christmas. I'm very impressed with what she has made, as her fine motor skills are not great so I understand just how much effort she has had to put into each and every gift.


This little knit rabbit set has been made to order and is just about ready to be sent off to his new home...I've been trying to figure out just how to make him a knitted water bottle, have come up with an idea which has to be implemented today. I'm hoping I've not tried to be too clever and that it will work!

Just to let you know that now I only have one more potato illustration to do, I am open to commissions once more so if you feel your child or pet needs their portrait painted, check out my website and maybe I can be of assistance!

- 0 -

Further to my previous post, not only are we having to deal with our own grief at losing a beloved pet, but our other dog has taken the loss incredibly hard. Last night was the fifth night of him howling all night when put to bed in the kitchen. I'm very, very tired! I've checked out the relevant chapters in my doggie books, looked it up on the net, and we are doing all the right things to help him but it seems we just have to wait for time to be the healer. Any (sensible!) suggestions would be gratefully received!

- 0 -

Finally, I'd like to wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year - this year, please leave a comment if you visit my blog, I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

The stocking is wonderful! Stacie did a fabulous job. :-)

The rabbit set is cute. Good luck with the waterbottle.

Poor dog and poor you. I hope it'll ease up soon so you both get some rest. Sorry, I've never had a dog, so I don't have any suggestions. Hugs.

Sallie said...

What a great stocking! Very nice.

I'm so sorry to hear that your other dog is taking Jasper's death so hard. I don't have any words of wisdom. Hopefully, time will help.