Thursday 4 February 2010

I'm Really Not Well Y'Know.........


After struggling along manfully for four days with the help of the above, I have admitted defeat today and taken the day off work....something I should possibly have done right at the start, but I really don't like leaving c0-workers in the lurch if I can possibly help it.

Despite having the hot sweats today and feeling like my lungs are in a vice, I'm actually enjoying the first day at home on my own since I don't know when. Number one son is at work, my daughter is out for the day with her care worker, and I have free run of the house to play Muse at full blast on the stereo, make and drink a hot chocolate without having to make any for anyone else, the living room is clean and TIDY, and as soon as I have made the beds I have the rest of the day to either loll about on the sofa and catch up on some reading or get on with my current painting without having to tend to anyone else's needs for the next five hours.......almost worth getting sick for!

I've not felt much like crafting this week though - but the above little grey knitted dog has been made and I am currently in the process of knitting his accessories. As the little dog sets have been flying off the virtual shelves of my Etsy shop lately, I'm trying to keep at least one in stock. If you wish to commission a specific colour dog, I am always willing to oblige, just get in touch.

5 comments:

Gretel said...

I can't imagine what it would be like NOT to have the day to myself, so I do hope you have enjoyed your time off, without feeling too poorly - drug up and relax! :)

Sallie said...

I hope you feel better soon.

natural attrill said...

Get well soon.
Penny.

Soggibottom said...

Enjoy !
x x x

go get some chocs too. :-)

Unknown said...

Hey, my dad calls ME number one son. Granted I am the only son he has... but... he still means it the nice way and not just numerically right? And going into the store and buying cold medicine crap is just like an experiment in bafflement. I read boxes like I know if polymoxafloxacillin is better than rootybootysniffiloxin. Its kind of like making chili. Just throw it all in a pot and hope for the best!