Wednesday 3 March 2010

A Scarf For Stacie


They do say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and there is no exception to that rule in our house. My daughter may not be able to knit, despite many fruitless hours of trying, but she does know a choice ball of yarn when she sees one. Before I had even paid for the Fiberspates bagful that this yarn was in on Sunday, she had set her heart on it - when we got it home, this was the one she picked out and stroked covetously. All that needed to be done was to decide what she wanted me to make with it - definitely a scarf!

I decided to use the 'Old Shale' stitch in order to show off this yarn to it's full advantage - it always works well with a varigated yarn, seems to bring out the colours. There was just enough to make a decent length scarf, especially as when it was washed and blocked, it expanded nicely.

Now that I have fulfilled this obligation, I can move on and see what can be made with the rest of my treasure!

3 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

That looks really fab. :-) Good choice, Stacie! :-)

Soggibottom said...

Little pearl x x x x
I want this Stacie, it is very soggibottom.
Is it for your birthday :-)?
x x x x
Just wondering. This looks like a very high class and beautiful scarf.
Wish my mum would have been so thoughtfull x x x x x (you have four kisses ). Some to your mum and some to you, better do eight.
x x x x x x x x

Sallie said...

What pretty colors! You're a great mom, Caroline.