Sunday 18 April 2010

St.Lucia....Some Paintings Hidden In My Portfolio

I really must get around to photographing some of the lonely paintings from my portfolio with a view to putting them on Etsy - here are three of St. Lucia, painted after an amazing week's holiday a few years ago.


This is the view across Rodney Bay from the top of Pigeon Island. I just loved the bright orange flowers against the turquoise sea. This is an acrylic painting.


Pigeon Island used to be home to the British Army in Victorian days and a lot of the fortifications are still there but ruined and overtaken by jungly plants - a wonderfully interesting mix! This is a watercolour.


We spent a day trip going into the rainforest in the centre of the island - a day my children and I remember so well after all the years. I painted this in watercolours using only a three colour palette if I remember correctly. The river ran through the forest and we ended up at a waterfall - my trainers got soaked while crossing the river and I never washed them afterwards as I could always think they were saturated in the waters of St. Lucia.....sentimental or what! I would love to return there one day but the holiday deal I discovered at the time on Teletext has never been repeated, so unless we win the lottery I doubt we'll get back there again.

Have just listed several original paintings on my Etsy shop - go check them out!

4 comments:

Sallie said...

Lovely paintings. What wonderful memories of St. Lucia.

Magpie Magic said...

Lovely paintings and lovely memories. You never know. Maybe one day... xo

Soggibottom said...

I can't believe I haven't seen this.. x x x fantastic x x x

Sarah S. said...

beautiful paintings Caroline,the one showing Rodney Bay is so striking. sarah