Monday 10 May 2010

Leafy Lacy Shawl


This is the shawl I have been working on for the past couple of weeks. It is knitted in a delightful silky laceweight yarn from Fyberspates.....and that's all I know as yet again it was from a bargain bag with no label. It is a soft natural green with delicate patches of a gentle blue/violet. As I knitted, it reminded me of the colours of bluebell woods.


The stitch is a repeating leaf motif with a matching edge. I had planned to stitch tiny knitted flowers over it but after applying a few, I changed my mind as it made the shawl look fussy - the pattern and yarn are enough I feel.

These photos were taken in the evening light so the colours are a bit faded - the shawl will be in my Etsy shop tomorrow when I get some better photographs that show the true beauty of this yarn. I also need to find somewhere big enough to lay/hang it in order to show it all properly - my house is too small!!

I'm going to have a short rest from knitting lace - my eyes hurt! So a cow is on the needles at the moment.....

6 comments:

Soggibottom said...

After 2 years and I wouldn't have finished it. It's really beautiful Caroline. x x x

Sallie said...

Very pretty. The color is lovely.

Magpie Magic said...

It's gorgeous. Love the pattern and yarn. Is that one of the Victorian lace today patterns? Sybille xo

natural attrill said...

It looks lovely against the blossom.
Penny.
x

Laura Sparling said...

Wow - what a stunner!

Unknown said...

wow that's amazing work Caroline :0))