Wednesday 2 June 2010

Eight Months In The Making......


Last week I finally finished this top which I started last September or so. Admittedly for seven of those months it has been sitting neglected and lonely in my 'to do' pile - there didn't seem much point in hurrying through a summer top while there was a foot of snow outside!

This has been knitted in Sirdar's lovely Just Bamboo yarn in the shade 'Nutmeg'. I love this yarn because it has a weight and drape to it that belies just how cool it is to wear on a hot day. It is also quite entertaining the first time you wash your first garment made in this yarn...it shrinks radically! I nearly cried when a previous Just Bamboo top came out of the washing machine looking like it would fit a child - but as the yarn dries, it slowly returns to it's proper shape. Phew!

I'm currently in the process of knitting a commissioned 'mini-me' dog, complete with miniature replicas of all his possessions - watch this space!

5 comments:

Gretel said...

I would barely have the patience to knit a scarf for my teddybear, let alone a real-sized garment! Congratulations on finishing it, it is a lovely shape.

Soggibottom said...

After all the time, it has taken you since last September.......
You want me to watch this space :-)

For anyone reading this comment :-
This is dedication x x x

Soggibottom said...

Would this fit the soggibottom bear :-) x x x
I wasn't going to leave another comment but the word verification looked so easy :-)
x x x

natural attrill said...

Oooh this is nice, I'd like a dress like that!
Penny.
x

Magpie Magic said...

Ooops. Missed this!!! It's lovely. Very pretty pattern and I love the yarn too. :-)