Friday 23 July 2010

....And That Makes It All Worthwhile.....


Today was the last day of the school year and time to bid a fond farewell to the class I have been working in for the past three years as they move on to Junior school. I shall certainly miss this group of children, even the difficult and the quirky ones, for they have to have been the most creative class I have worked with so far.

Way back when they were in Reception year, I remember posting a little keenly observed drawing of me done by a naughty little boy in this class. He still gets in trouble on a regular basis, but I have a very soft spot for him especially as he has the makings of a talented artist - his rendition of Van Gogh's Church at Auvers took our breath away a few weeks ago. I received the above card from him this morning and it brought a tear to my eye - I think I'd like that inscribed on my tombstone! It's not the last I shall see of him though, as he will hopefully be joining me for private art lessons in the new school year.

So now six weeks of free time stretch out in front of me, with lots planned both creatively and around the home. But first I intend to have a couple of days of doing NOTHING apart from dipping into my farewell gifts from the children - wine, chocolates, a big novel, scented candles and bubble bath, to name but a few. How lovely!

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

What a lovely card and what a lovely end to the school year. :-)

Hope you manage to relax and have lots of fun.xo

Soggibottom said...

Enjoy your time off
you've earnt it x x x