Tuesday 3 August 2010

Got It!

.....the photograph that is, not a goose! This morning the geese were back on the fields, but most of them were already flying off - no doubt due to another dog walker coming from the other side.


However, there were still some left waddling about next to the playing field........


....'Hello......what's all this?'


The geese were fairly unconcerned, I think they remembered him as not being much of a threat....


....silly geese, he hadn't had his breakfast yet this morning, so was up for a chase!



Not that he had any chance of catching a goose - they are far too quick for him and just took off in a leisurely fashion without even making a honk.


It did make for some wonderful photographs though - I always feel very privileged to own a saluki as when you see them in action it really is something special. I rarely have my camera with me though or if I do, he is far too fast for me to snap anything other than a speck in the distance. Today I was prepared for once and finally got my reward.

Just in case anyone is worried, no geese were harmed or even slightly traumatised...they just wheeled around in the sky and landed the other side of the hill to continue grazing, while Clovis trotted off to sniff some rabbit holes. Then we went home for breakfast..........


....yum! I love the summer holidays and having the time to cook - these are blueberries from the garden!

I'm preparing a giveaway - seems about time for another one. He just needs some legs.........

3 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Blueberries look better than a goose burger. Clovis.... your really bright. THEY CAN SEE YOU !
:-) x x x

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, our terrier would do the same, though not as gracefully as Clovis!
Love the look of the fresh fruit pancake.....what a great idea!

Magpie Magic said...

Love your bird pictures. :-) xo