Wednesday 22 September 2010

Horse Feathers!



I took my son up to the town today to pick up his photos (yes, he came back from Borneo safe and sound with tales to tell) and went with him into the bargain bookstore. I didn't intend to buy anything but found this book I had been eyeing up in an art magazine a few weeks ago and it was half price - say no more!


At lunchtime when I was poring through it, I was most impressed with the pages on how to draw feathers - something I lack the patience to draw or paint in such fine detail. After lunch, I took the dog for a walk and found this........


I wonder if the universe is trying to tell me something? Unfortunately, today I have to get on with this.......


It's not unfortunate at all - I'm really enjoying it and getting paid into the bargain. The universe will have to wait for it's feather painting.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

glad to hear son came back safe and sound.
Nice looking book!
Horse is shaping up very nicely!

Magpie Magic said...

Love the book! I am so jealous! Glad your son is back safe and sound... where are the presents? Pictures! xo

Teje said...

Nice to hear your son is safely back! Really lovely book! And the feather you found is amazing ... something is going on with features!
The horse looks wonderful!
Wishes Teje