Wednesday 19 January 2011

Still Having Fun.....

It's amazing, I have had almost a week of afternoons to devote to this, although progress is very slow.  In the days before I got many commissions, a painting like this could take weeks, even months to complete.  It's a style of painting I love to work in, tiny brush (moved on to a size 0 now!) and delicate strokes for almost each and every hair.  It does make for a very labour intensive piece though that has to have a high price to reflect the amount of hours that went into it.

I've only blocked in the ground beneath his front feet so far - makes him look like he is a circus leopard!

This is a very labour intensive piece as well - I don't think I would have attempted it if I had known how long it was going to take.  It's very effective and I can see it will be unbearably cute when finished....but I don't think I will be making another one unless I am offered an awful lot of incentive!

4 comments:

WendyCarole said...

they are lovely. You must be incredibly patient

Sallie said...

As usual, your painting is amazing! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Soggibottom said...

Your still doing mogs :-) This looks as if he could catch quite a few rats !
Love it :-)
Nothing wrong with your very labour intensive second photo...... I wouldn't have a clue how to put it together let alone knit it :-) x x x

- said...

Love the leopard and the little couch is adorable!