Thursday 3 March 2011

Immortalised In Clay...

Now I rarely buy other people's art - not because I don't want to, but generally because I can't afford it, being a struggling artist myself.  However, before Christmas we went to a ceramics show and I saw the work of a very talented young lady who makes the most wonderful dog sculptures.  As you know from reading this blog, I adore my dog and think he is utterly beautiful.  I am also always looking for art containing images of salukis - a very rare thing indeed.  So I asked if she could make me a commission of Clovis.  It's been a couple of months as we were about third in the queue, but these are the first images sent to me for approval before finishing.

I think you will agree she has captured his likeness incredibly well - I'm being very picky indeed when I say the ears should be a bit longer, which hopefully can be rectified before the sculpture is fired.  I'm so pleased with it and so very excited that this wonderful piece of art will soon be adorning my living room.

If you are interested in contacting the artist, Felicity Lloyd-Coombes, get in touch with me and I can give you her details.

Don't forget, there are a couple of days left to enter the draw for a free knitted prawn - it's no fine art sculpture but it is cute!

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Wow, the sculpture looks great. How big is it? Hope you have a special place away from hands and paws for it... xo

Soggibottom said...

Think you have made a good choice with your new art work... I'm sure when it's fired and the finished Clovis is with you, the real Clovis will look up very proudly with a pointing paw and say, "THAT'S ME".... :-)xxx