Sunday 17 July 2011

Buzz If You Like But Don't Sting Me.....

Well, the honey bees were deemed to be unsuitable for animation purposes - too large (!) and not very cuddly, so I had to try again with bumble bees this time.  Who knew bees could cause such a headache!  I tried and tried to get them smaller, but stripes and small don't go together, even when embroidered on to plain black knitting.  We eventually reached a compromise with these bees which are just under an inch long yet still have all the required detail.
Having spent three evenings on bees, I feel drained!  Time to give my eyes and hands a break and make something slightly larger...

3 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Bummer! Sounds like one of those impossible jobs to me. The bees look fab. Hugs. xo

Sue Doran said...

And not even a pot of honey to show for it all! These bumble bees look very friendly and happy little things, I like the way you photographed them against painted flowers!

Houseelf said...

So cute though! I hope you are talking to them nicely.