Tuesday 12 July 2011

Leave Those Beans Alone!

So that's who has been chomping on my vegetables!  A fun little pattern from the Birds, Butterflies & Beautiful Beasties book, together with a 'mini-me', both to be used in an animation.  Now can anyone tell me how to set about knitting a bee-hive?
I love finding little surprises when out walking the dog.  A pair of bright sunflowers in the middle of a bean field fall into that category.
Was it a bird that dropped a seed or was it planted together with the beans? We'll never know!

N.B. Just as well I photographed the sunflower when I did - when I went there the next day, I discovered it had been ripped up by the roots and shredded along the pathway. There are some nice people around here....

3 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

LOL Whatever next? Love the little caterpillars. Cute.

Beautiful pictures of the meadow too. xoxoxo

Soggibottom said...

Could have been a really fed up bee. Fed up of not having enough to really feast on

Beautiful little beastie.....He really blends in, watch him on your tomatoes as I know you don't have many !
:-)xxx

Caroline B said...

Haha, I do so have lots of tomatoes...they are just STILL green! When yours have all been eaten, then I shall be feasting on mine....