Saturday 27 August 2011

Leaf Green Lacy Scarf

During the brief hiatus inbetween knitting tiny curiosities for an animated film, I have been working on this soft green lacy scarf.  It has been knitted using a delicate leafy-green slightly varigated yarn from Fiberspates - I don't know any more than that, as it was in one of their bargain mixed bags at a show last year.  I know it's a natural wool as it has that lovely warm slightly sheepy smell to it (am I the only person that could just sit and inhale that for hours?).
It has a deep slightly scalloped lace border at either end, with the centre panel being a simple repeating pattern.
It is going into my Etsy shop now, and I will be making some wristwarmers to match it....when I have the time as I  have to knit some small furniture first!



3 comments:

Houseelf said...

Very intricate work! Is your hand totally ok now?

Magpie Magic said...

It's lovely and will make the perfect set with the wrist warmers to cheer up a cold winter's day. :-) xoxo

Caroline B said...

Yes thanks, the finger is now completely healed and only a little pinchy if I stretch it - certainly took a long time to get back to normal though.
C.