Saturday 6 August 2011

...Nothing To See Here....

There has been no knitting this week - the ungainly finger bandage has prevented that.  However, I did manage to crochet a new blanket for Clovis in some blue and red mohair yarn that has been hanging around here for years as it is too bulky & itchy for jumpers.  As you can see, he likes it but is still using his old blanket as a pillow!  I don't know why they say 'it's a dog's life' to mean hardship - seems a cushy number to me!

I have been painting alot this week but unfortunately cannot show any of it at the moment.  It's all for Derwent packaging and I have been enjoying it immensely as all the pictures have a jungly theme and involve lots of bright colours.


Who doesn't love a bargain?  When it's a double-bargain, it's even better.  Yesterday I received a money off voucher in the post from our local garden centre as I belong to their loyalty scheme.  Today we went and perused the 'death row' aisle - plants that are on offer as they are either pot bound or just finishing their first flowering and in need of some tlc.  I got £17 worth of plants reduced to £12.99 (the big millet was full price) and with the voucher, all I had to pay was 35p.  Now that's the kind of shopping I like!

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Look like you had a good few days despite the finger. Love your bargain flowers and the dog looks very happy and pleased with his new blanket.

xoxo

Houseelf said...

Great bargains!
Glad you were able to manage something in spite of the finger.