Sunday 4 September 2011

Take A Seat.....

Here are the armchairs so far - the basic structure done and dusted.  I had to re-do the arms as the animator thought the original one was too low and in hindsight, I agree.  Luckily, I had only done the one when I was told this, so it wasn't a huge chore to re-model.  The bases are parts of a cardboard box stuffed with newspaper and the sides are pieces of foam board - wonderful stuff for this kind of thing as it is strong yet very light and easy to cut.  Now comes the fun part - cushions, buttons, fringes, tassels and scatter cushions!

A change of subject here but it is something that really bothers me.  I get quite a few enquiries about the patterns I use in my crafts or asking for other arts & craft advice.  Now I was brought up to be polite and helpful, and will always bother to reply - sometimes at great length - as I feel happy to share information where I can.  What bothers me is that after spending my time either writing out guidelines to making something that I don't have a written pattern for, or going to the trouble to send on links to books, or in one case, writing an essay on drawing for beginners, nobody bothers to say 'thank you'.  If I was chatting to you on the phone or in the street, you wouldn't just walk off without a word once you'd obtained the information you needed. So why is it OK to do that over the internet?  Hmmmm, something to think about. 

1 comment:

Soggibottom said...

Hummmmmmmmmm definatly !

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHOWING YOUR BEAUTIFULLY CREATIVE WORK CAROLINE. It's something I wouldn't even attempt.