Wednesday 12 October 2011

Hunting Trophy.....

This knitted stag's head measures a mere five inches from antler tip to antler tip.  Which means the head is just under two inches from forehead to nose - pretty darn small!
I have been wondering how I was going to make this ever since I got the commission, but when it came down to it, it just came out right first time, which was amazing. I must admit I have been thinking about it for a quite a while, so maybe subconsciously my brain was planning the whole thing - who knows, I'm just grateful it worked out!
I have to add a little wire to the inside of the antlers - fabric stiffener was not up to the job of keeping them upright for long.  Not a problem!

If you fancy having your own mini-trophy, don't be afraid to ask.  Although maybe decapitating Rudolph just before Christmas might not be in the best possible taste.........

1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

Cool! :-) Another winner. xoxo