Wednesday 11 January 2012

A Little Bird Told Me.......

Here is the finished watercolour painting of a pair of sparrows on Boston Common.  I thoroughly enjoyed this work - sparrows have to be one of my favourite types of bird and I never tire of painting them.  I managed to get quite a few reference photographs of sparrows while we were in Boston - they were just so tame, it was possible to get within a few feet of them without them flying away.

Not too sure what to do next - perhaps more in the same vein, as it's been a while since using watercolours and I do so love them!

3 comments:

Paul Parsons said...

Lovely painting, i have a pair of these nesting in my roof.

Magpie Magic said...

Wow! Lovely painting. I like sparrows too. Saw a red robin just before Christmas and it looked like a little puffball. I'd never seen such a fat robin before. You could barely see its head! LOL xoxo

Sue Doran said...

It's just such a beautiful painting. I love the subject too. Don't have as many garden birds at my new home as our last - haven't seen a sparrow here yet, I think the magpie that visits my bird table is putting them all off!