Sunday 8 January 2012

Watch The Birdie!

This is the painting I have been working on slowly and steadily over the past week, squeezing in time whenever I could.  Still got a way to go but I am really happy with it so far, in particular with the little sparrow at the bottom.  Whilst I am reasonably satisfied with the top sparrow, who is supposed to be the main focus of the picture, the 'background' bird has turned out far better.  It was one of those moments yesterday whilst looking at the day's progress that I could hardly believe it had come out of the end of my paintbrush.  Let's just hope I manage to keep it clean until it's completion - as with all paintings on a pure white background, I am having trouble with little splashes of paint when I clean my brush - all very well telling me to be careful or to cover the part I am not working on, when you are 'in the moment' that all falls by the wayside!

No comments: