Monday 27 February 2012

Let Me Show You....

Here are the three paintings for Derwent that I have been working on for the past couple of weeks.  Generally I work in quite a leisurely fashion, quickly but at my own pace.  This time I had to really get a move on!
These are for exhibition in an educational supplier's to show just what Derwent Inktense pencils and blocks can do.  I have tried throughout all three paintings to use the colours in as many ways as I could - as pencils, as paint, with washes, dry brush technique and even splattering.
This last one was very tricky indeed - usually such a detailed and complicated animal would take me about a fortnight to complete, especially mapping out those spots.  I managed to do this in five days....my eyes are still aching!

I'm taking a couple of days break from drawing and painting, but still have plenty to be getting on with.  There are enough knitting commissions to keep me busy this week - I'm working on a very small telephone at the moment - watch this space!

5 comments:

Sallie said...

Wow! Caroline, these are wonderful. You are sooooo talented.

Soggibottom said...

Five days? You finished the leopard in five days :-) ?
How on earth you get it on the paper in the first place is a wonder to me :-) They are beautifully created Caroline.
:-) X X X

Unknown said...

Frog is my definite fave :0) just the array of colours and intense dark background making it stand out brilliantly.
Good luck with the exhibition-hope it brings loads of interest for you Caroline x

Sarah Summers said...

Caroline, these are just amazing.I can definitely see the different techniques you have used with the pencils and blocks. The client is going to be sooooo pleased with them.

Magpie Magic said...

They all look fab, but the frog's my fave too. LOL xo