Monday 30 April 2012

What's On The Needles This Week....

A tiny seahorse - an experiment to see how small I can make one and whether or not he will fit in a lightbulb.  Yes he does, but he has yet to make the final cut as I want to see the colours available in my pack of crochet cotton that's on it's way, although it has probably floated off down one of the rivers that have taken over our roads at the moment....
After much experimentation and wrestling with 2mm dpns and baby yarn, the final pattern for the mini teacups is sorted and the tea set is on it's way.  I can't wait to find out how to make a teapot!
What college would choose these colours to represent them? Beats me!  I have to knit about 5 metres of this colour scheme - at least it keeps you awake!  That's not true actually - I was drifting off fairly early on yesterday evening and have made a serious mistake in the centre of this scarf - I'm hoping that by some careful cutting and grafting I can sort it out as I cannot face unpicking and re-knitting half a scarf!

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

The seahorse is EVER so cute. Love it! The teacups look perfect. I like the pink bottoms. Cute. Not saying anything about those scarves apart from, I hope you get it fixed. LOL xoxo

Pam West said...

Love the seahorse :-) Not sure about the scarf colours LOL