Saturday 26 May 2012

Let's Just Put A Pin In It......

Having come up with a pattern for a tiny Union Jack whilst making something for the animated film, I thought it might be fun to use it and make myself a mini bunting necklace, or maybe some earrings, to be worn at a couple of Jubilee celebrations this coming week.  However, yarn does what yarn does, seemingly having a mind of it's own, and the finished flag was too big for what I had in mind although is still only just over 2 inches wide.  So forget those ideas....not sure what this will be now, either a keyring or perhaps a hairslide.
For three days I have been wrestling with this design, which will ultimately be a wildcat......hmmmmm.
So far I have the basic outline which will then be sewn to the end of a scarf through that gap at the bottom.  In the meantime, I have to somehow make the actual face using various shapes knitted in white.  The problem being how to simplify the design in order to make it quick and easy to make by other knitters while at the same time it being a recogniseable wildcat.  It's a headscratcher......

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Love your union jack. You could make it into a brooch?

Rather you than me with the wildcat design. Sounds VERY complicated.

Have a lovely weekend and lots of sunshine. YAY! xoxo

Kelly-Belly said...

You are very talented. I've really enjoyed your blog! Have a great weekend. : )