Friday 18 May 2012

Seahorse in a Lightbulb

Finally got a lightbulb filled and ready for sale!  It's taken a while due to other commissioned commitments and also the time it takes to get all the bits and pieces ready for assembly when making one of these.  The base had to be varnished, the weed had to be knitted and stiffened, then the seahorse and weed had to be put on to wire and arranged within the bulb to look pleasing.  This is the hardest part of making these, as you not only have to control 3 pieces of wire, you also have to somehow wedge them into a piece of clay and get the angles right while jamming the clay into the base of the lightbulb.  It took me over an hour......

This will be in my Etsy shop tomorrow when I have taken some better photographs in daylight.

2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

I think it's great.
You have more willpower than I have to be sure... IT LOOKS GOOD.. not my effort if I were to try it...
I would end up with sticky plaster's all over my fingers... not just knitting a sea horse you put it in it's own bubble... I have to bow down.........
:-) X X X
There are real sea horses around yer (here) know !... poor little mite !

Magpie Magic said...

All worth the effort. It looks great. :-) I bet it'll vanish out of your Etsy shop in no time!

xoxo