Saturday 30 June 2012

Don't Quote Me....

Further to receiving my sample tins of the Inktense set I illustrated, it is now on the Derwent Website in their News section, together with a little 'soundbite' from me - they asked me to come up with a few sentences for the press release.  Hope I don't sound too gushing, but I really DO love these pencils and blocks!

Suddenly this week I have been flooded with commissions.  It's a bit overwhelming but really, really good, especially as most of them are - as usual - a little off the wall.  So be prepared to see sometime in the future a  fishy tie, a knitted rock pool, a knitted pet, and a painted hammock.  I'm sure other artists don't get these weird projects to do - or do they?  Tell me about your strangest commission.  One of mine was painting a portrait of a dog on the flower pot his ashes were going into......


1 comment:

Sue Doran said...

Fantastic that you're busy and how great to be quoted on the Derwent website! When I used to make tiaras with my sister before we split the business in two, I had a design for a clear crystal AB one which used various sizes of bicones. One lady asked me to make an all pink one, I could see how some pale pink accents would have enhanced it for a colour themed wedding but I wasn't sure about all pink. I thought it would look awful, I insisted on payment up front as I was sure I wouldn't be able to sell it if she rejected it but she was absolutely delighted with it. This was one occasion when I was happy the bride didn't come back to show us photographs of her wedding ...!