Friday 13 July 2012

Friday 13th Wasn't So Bad....

After spending my morning yesterday watching the finals of the talent show at the infant school where I work (there's a couple of hours of my life I can never get back...) I returned home to find a very large parcel had arrived. Inside were these wonderful pieces of fabric!  They have been designed by the very talented Helz Cuppleditch, who I met virtually on an artist's forum, and met in reality at a craft fair in Sussex.  She had been sent whole rolls by the US company as samples of the finished product and didn't know quite what to do with them.  She very kindly sent me this great selection, which I shall be using in the next couple of weeks to make a few gifts for my new great-nephew who arrived a couple of days ago.

See more of Helz's beautiful work here.

In the un-official tomato race this year, I am the winner!  Unfortunately, due to the weather this 'summer', Soggibottom Cottage has lived up to it's name and not produced any red tomatoes yet.  I don't have much to crow about as this is the sole red tomato in my garden.....

And my garden is looking more and more like the outside of Sleeping Beauty's castle, with the shrubs going berserk, the vines taking over and the grass unkempt.  It's not through lack of enthusiasm, I just can't catch a break inbetween being at work and torrential rain.  I hope I can get out there with the lawnmower and some secateurs before I need someone with a machete to hack us out of here!

Finally, yes indeed, it's a knitted stethoscope.  Not much more I can say about that...

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

I think your garden looks positively groomed compared to mine. The wild roses are taking over and I am waiting with bated breath for the prince, who hasn't arrived yet. LOL

Love the stethoscope....

Soggibottom said...

Nope, no comment :-) :-) x x x