Saturday 14 July 2012

Teddy Goes To School

Remember a poor little half-made teddy about three months ago? Well, I have finally finished him - I am ashamed to say it only took half an hour to sew up his arms and attach all his limbs, so he's been hanging around all that time for nothing really.  Then I knitted him a little school jumper and made him some grey felt trousers as his bare (bear) bottom didn't look right - I know there are some kids who wander round our school trouserless on occasion, but he doesn't have to be one of them!

He is going to be a small gift for someone who is leaving who I know collects teddies.

Our blackbird babies have hatched - I can hear them cheeping up in the nest.  No chance of getting a better photo though - I don't want to scare off the mother at this late stage.  Now, if we can keep the magpies at bay and make sure Clovis is supervised in the garden when they fledge, they might have a fighting chance of surviving this time.

3 comments:

Kelly-Belly said...

Teddy is so cute! I have been doing more crafting lately. I wish I could make something like him. : )

Soggibottom said...

Good ted...
Fantastic ted...... I would love him :-)
Good luck to the blackbirds and fingers crossed.......... x x x

Magpie Magic said...

Ted is cute. Fingers crossed for the black birds! :-) xo