Monday 20 August 2012

Look What I Did.....

Upon coming home from the beach on Friday, I managed to drop my camera on the kitchen floor and do this.....oops..
After taking it to the local camera shop to have my diagnosis confirmed - it's a gonner - the shop manager kindly pointed out that he had a re-furbished Fuji Finepix camera pretty similar to my broken one at a vastly reduced price.  As I cannot be without a camera for too long due to the nature of my work, I took him up on the offer - and how glad I am that I did!  My new camera is far better than the old one, and the software that came with it is far superior as well.  Even a computer-illiterate like me can work it with good results - yay!
Now that my 'holiday' of a few days off is over, it's back to the drawing board, literally, and we are off and running with a portrait of Meg, partner to the previous portrait of Tess. My camera does take better pictures than this, but I am trying to avoid the glare that Derwent Drawing pencils cause with a flash.  You get the general idea....

No comments: