Wednesday 26 September 2012

Interlude.....

While recovering from last week, I felt the need to knit something therapeutic and mindless, i.e. from someone else's pattern not one I have to design myself. This deceptively complicated-looking shawl/scarf fitted the bill perfectly - the pattern can be found in the latest edition of Knitty.  Although it did take me about four false starts to get the hang of the chart but I put that down to my stress levels rather than any fault of the pattern chart!  Now that I am in the rhythm of it, I barely have to look at the chart and it is whizzing along very fast - makes a change from the tiny, tiny things I have been designing lately.

I am also making headway with other commissioned projects, but unfortunately have to keep them under wraps for now.

You'll be glad to know I now have my car back  - my bank account is considerably lighter but hey, at least we're dry and I'm not clocking up over 10 miles per day on foot any more.  The dog has been to the vet and is back on antibiotics for his sore bottom - let's hope that puts an end to the incessant licking, it's not been pleasant for any of us.  We've had no more nasty surprises in the bills department, no more poo disasters, the errands are caught up with and serenity is on the horizon.  A few weeks of nothing bad happening would be nice now......

1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

LOL I saw the pattern and wondered what yarn from my stash I could for it. :-) Fingers crossed for a serene week. :-) xoxo