Sunday 16 December 2012

Oh Christmas Tree....

I have to confess that this year Christmas has crept up on me and I felt even less prepared for it than usual.  However, today I wrapped the final packages to go in the post and found the perfect Christmas tree then realised that perhaps I am actually almost ready. 

We have a very small house indeed and usually the tree has to be squeezed in to a corner by the patio door where a vast bird of paradise plant usually resides..and then I have to find a space for the plant which is very heavy so I can't do it without help.....  This year I am pretty much on my own in the run up to Christmas - my son has gone to Finland for the weekend, my partner is not home until next weekend and Stacie is not much help when it comes to heavy lifting!  So when I saw this little tree (four feet high) with very flat branches on one side, I had a bit of an epiphany - it could go on sideboard instead.  It fits perfectly and has the added bonus that up there I don't have to worry about the dog knocking off any glass baubles - so this year I have thrown all my favourite ornaments on it!

Now, we need a goose......

1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

Wow, despite all the stress and hassle you are far more ready than I am. I've not even thought about the Christmas tree... xoxo