Wednesday 22 May 2013

Day Off? What Day Off!

It always makes me laugh as I walk out of the door from the day job on a Tuesday when everyone wishes me a nice day off for Wednesday.  I probably work harder on Wednesdays than any other week day!

Firstly, I have received this lovely pile of goodies from Derwent in order for me to start the latest commission for them.  I love using Inktense pencils - I remember when I first bought some and they were terrifyingly bright so I ended up hiding them under my desk and never using them.  It wasn't until Derwent asked me to illustrate the tin for a set of Inktense pencils and pigment blocks that I had to use them and discovered they were some of the best colours I have ever used.  So I am looking forward very much to putting pencil to paper later on today.

This little chap has come back to me - he's too big to be used in the animation.  Curse that beautiful chenille yarn, it just knits up twice the size of other yarns!  So with a bit of adaptation (mainly removing any wires and sewing his head on securely) he will shortly be up for sale in my Etsy shop.
I think we might run to making him a bed as well, just so he doesn't go off to any new home under-privileged!

I've also been able to use my Dremel today (it was buried in a heap for the past 5 weeks while our porch was being re-built) and have drilled holes in lots of sea shells as well as through some silver spoons.  Why spoons?  Ah, you'll have to wait and see....

Stacie came home with five or six new paintings, all framed.  So I have had to remove frames from four of them as we just don't have the room to display all her lovely work (it's bad enough finding homes for mine!)  However, I do love this one and have hung it in our hallway for the time being until I decide where it can be shown to it's best advantage.
This one is also rather cool, but she has nabbed it to go into her bedroom.
Still to do today? Sew a curtain for the new porch in order to hide the shelves and their contents; mend a pearl bracelet for a colleague at work; re-pot some plants in the garden; make some mouths for puppets; and of course, start that painting.

Day off? Yeah right!


3 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Sounds like you're busy... The little kitty is ever so cute and I love Stacie's paintings. Glad you finally got your porch all done so you could move the stuff back into it. :-) xoxo

Soggibottom said...

I slept all day :-) with ear plugs ?
Good to know your porch is up and wow just look at Stacie's painting.... I always have wall space here yer know :-)
Keep warm, someone told me it was snowing up your way today. :-) x x x

Caroline B said...

Not snowing,but some hail and it's pretty chilly. Those poor tomatoes...