Thursday 18 July 2013

Busy Bees

For the past year I have worked in 'Bumblebee' class - tomorrow is my last day.  As a thank you to the teacher who has been terrific to work with, I have made her a bee-mobile to hang in the class.  I used the patterns from that good old book, 75 Birds, Butterflies & Beautiful Beasties - where would I be without it!
I strung three bees and three daisies onto clear fishing line, and attached them to a ring of garden wire which I then covered with white florist tape.
A very cute result - I'm thinking to make another one incorporating butterflies.  It's the summer holidays as from next week, so perhaps I will get the time to actually make all these projects lining up in my head!

p.s. shhh, I can barely believe it, but after me throwing a major wobbly a couple of weeks ago, we actually have some bricks being affixed to our porch...no more blue tarpaulin that has been gracing our frontage for 4 months!  Could this be nearly the end?

No comments: