Wednesday 31 July 2013

Getting Back The Feeling....

It's been a stressful year what with one thing and another (can I mention the porch?  Still not finished, we are entering month 5...) and I have not felt much like painting unless I have to.  This is most unlike me, I live to paint and having it taken away just adds to the stress really. However, with the summer holidays upon us and at least the strain of the day job suspended for a few weeks, I have felt the urge to wield a paintbrush again!

This painting I started some weeks ago,and is of the grounds surrounding Old Basing House.  I am using acrylics and aiming for a real chocolate box feel to it as the scene was so quintessentially English.  Lots more to do, but I am very happy with it so far.
I'm finding the time to squeeze in a little personal knitting as well - I love this simple scarf pattern and how it can be adapted for any yarn.  I was really happy to find the perfect matching wooden beads to use for the edging.  The way the yarn is knitting up, it reminds me of the ripples formed in the sand at the sea's edge, with the water trapped between.  Not sure if I will be keeping or selling this, but I have ample yarn to make another!

No comments: