Wednesday 24 July 2013

Jellyfish - Here We Are Again!

Who knew four years ago when I thought the jellyfish at Boston aquarium would make an interesting painting that they would be such a success?  Certainly not me!  I'm glad they have been though, as I still enjoy painting them in their various forms.  This is a hand-painted silk tie which is for the groom at a wedding to be held at an aquarium.  I had a bit of a crisis of confidence at the thought of my work being centre stage on someone's big day, but soon got over myself!

This has been painted using Inktense pencils and colour blocks - wonderful to use on fabric, the colours remain bright and as long as you are careful, no blotches or runs.

There will be another tie similar for sale soon in my Etsy shop.
Bizarrely, considering how tired I was at the end of term two days ago, I am being quite prolific this week!  The little hat with the pompoms was finished last night and is now up for sale in my Etsy shop.  It was a quick knit though, and the fun of wondering where the next pompom would appear sort of spurred me on.

Also on the needles....knitted topiary! 

1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

I LOVE your jellyfish, and this one is no exception. The pompom hat will make a wonderful addition to a child's wardrobe. :-)
xo