Wednesday 24 July 2013

Pompom...

I bought this yarn a little while ago - just couldn't resist the cuteness!  Finally got around to trying it out - this will eventually be a child's hat for sale in my Etsy shop.  I can't wait to see how it turns out and where the pompoms will finally end up.  The yarn is called Jester, for good reason!
Yesterday was my last day at the day job until September - yay!  I spent Monday and Tuesday clearing out my desk, helping to re-organise classrooms and generally cleaning, lifting and carrying - not much fun while the weather was so hot and humid.  I did come away yesterday with a few thrifted items - one of which is this book box which was going to be thrown away.  I had a flash of inspiration and thought it would be great as a raised vegetable planter!  So I have washed it down, drilled holes in the base, deliberated on whether or not to paint it (I don't think so) and will be filling it later on this week.

I also liberated a fab treasure chest made of sturdy cardboard which had come with some promotional material, and one of the teachers who is leaving and clearing out all her stuff gave me three massive balls of brand new cream aran yarn.  Result!

1 comment:

Soggibottom said...

Ah, what a useful box. Especially in your garden, it fits in well :-) x x x