Monday 19 August 2013

The Eyes Have It...

I'm not the only animal artist who believes that if you don't get the eyes right first when painting a portrait, you might as well bin it there and then.  Happily, I am pretty confident that with this one I have got them down well - it helps that I have met the little dog in question.

For now this is all I am prepared to show of this one - the owners know it is being painted but as they are friends of mine, I don't want to reveal too much just yet as half the fun is the surprise of showing a finished painting.  I'm painting this in watercolour, very simple and back to basics with no mixed media party tricks involved and it's going very well.  It feels good to stretch my brain with the strategies involved in a pure watercolour.




2 comments:

Sue said...

That looks like Freya. Am I right?

Caroline B said...

If it looks like Freya, then I'm doing my job right!